Cubs vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The Chicago Cubs (78-72) will look to Nico Hoerner, on a 12-game hitting streak, versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (70-80) at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday, at Wrigley Field.
The probable starters are Javier Assad (3-3) for the Cubs and Bailey Falter (2-8) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Assad - CHC (3-3, 3.10 ERA) vs Falter - PIT (2-8, 4.40 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Pirates|
|Cubs vs Pirates Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Javier Assad
- Assad (3-3) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed five hits in 3 1/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.10 and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .234 in 27 games this season.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned a quality start in four of them.
- Assad has made eight starts of five or more innings in nine chances this season, and averages 3.5 frames when he pitches.
- He has 11 appearances with no earned runs allowed in 27 chances this season.
Javier Assad vs. Pirates
- The Pirates have scored 628 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They have 1177 hits, 28th in baseball, with 146 home runs (27th in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Pirates in one game, and they have gone 3-for-24 with a double and an RBI over seven innings.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bailey Falter
- The Pirates will send Falter (2-8) to the mound to make his 13th start of the season. He is 2-8 with a 4.40 ERA and 58 strikeouts through 77 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Washington Nationals, the lefty went six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Over 16 games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed a 4.40 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .274 to opposing batters.
- Falter has recorded three quality starts this year.
- Falter has put up seven starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Bailey Falter vs. Cubs
- He will match up with a Cubs offense that is hitting .254 as a unit (11th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .416 (12th in the league) with 178 total home runs (14th in MLB play).
- Head-to-head against the Cubs this season, Falter has thrown 4 2/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on seven hits while striking out three.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.