Cubs vs. Pirates: Odds, spread, over/under - September 19
The Chicago Cubs (78-72) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (70-80) will match up on Tuesday, September 19 at Wrigley Field, with Javier Assad starting for the Cubs and Bailey Falter taking the hill for the Pirates. The first pitch will be thrown at 7:40 PM ET.
The favored Cubs have -175 moneyline odds against the underdog Pirates, who are listed at +145. A 9-run over/under is set in the game.
Cubs vs. Pirates Time and TV Channel
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Assad - CHC (3-3, 3.10 ERA) vs Falter - PIT (2-8, 4.40 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup across multiple sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Pirates Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|BetMGM||-175||+145||-||9||Bet on this game with BetMGM|
If you're looking to wager on the Cubs and Pirates matchup but would like some help getting started, here's a quick breakdown. Wagering on the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Cubs (-175) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they end up winning, you'd get $15.71 back in your pocket.
And that's not all. There are many other ways to bet, as well. For example, you can wager on player props (will Nico Hoerner hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. Visit the BetMGM website and app for additional info on the many ways you can bet on games.
Ready to place your bet? Click here and enter bonus code "GNPLAY" to claim your BetMGM promo today.
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Pirates|
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have been favorites in 84 games this season and won 47 (56%) of those contests.
- When they have played as moneyline favorites with odds of -175 or shorter, the Cubs have gone 7-8 (46.7%).
- Chicago has a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- The Cubs were favored on the moneyline in nine of their last 10 games, and they finished 2-7 in those matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all had set totals), Chicago combined with its opponents to go over the total two times.
- The Pirates have been victorious in 50, or 42.4%, of the 118 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, the Pirates have been victorious 16 times in 32 chances when named as an underdog of at least +145 or longer on the moneyline.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as underdogs by oddsmakers, the Pirates had a record of 2-4.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Pittsburgh and its opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+4000||12th||2nd|
|Win NL Central||+2000||-||2nd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.