How to Watch the Cubs vs. Rays Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for May 31
The Tampa Bay Rays and Chicago Cubs will play on Wednesday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET, with Wander Franco and Dansby Swanson among those expected to produce at the plate.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Cubs vs. Rays Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Rays vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Cubs Player Props|
|Rays vs Cubs Pitching Matchup|
|Rays vs Cubs Odds|
|Rays vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Cubs' 66 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 155 extra-base hits, Chicago ranks 13th in MLB with a .415 slugging percentage this season.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- Chicago has scored 245 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .333.
- The Cubs rank 23rd in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- Chicago strikes out 8.5 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 18th in MLB.
- Chicago has the 14th-ranked ERA (4.17) in the majors this season.
- The Cubs have a combined WHIP of just 1.268 as a pitching staff, which is the 10th-best in baseball this season.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Cubs will send Justin Steele (6-2) to the mound for his 12th start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds.
- He has earned a quality start eight times in 11 starts this season.
- Steele has started 11 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 10 times. He averages 5.9 innings per appearance.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Cubs Starter||Opponent Starter|
|5/26/2023||Reds||L 9-0||Home||Justin Steele||Hunter Greene|
|5/27/2023||Reds||L 8-5||Home||Jameson Taillon||Brandon Williamson|
|5/28/2023||Reds||L 8-5||Home||Drew Smyly||Graham Ashcraft|
|5/29/2023||Rays||W 1-0||Home||Marcus Stroman||Taj Bradley|
|5/30/2023||Rays||W 2-1||Home||Kyle Hendricks||Shane McClanahan|
|5/31/2023||Rays||-||Home||Justin Steele||Zach Eflin|
|6/2/2023||Padres||-||Away||Jameson Taillon||Michael Wacha|
|6/3/2023||Padres||-||Away||Drew Smyly||Yu Darvish|
|6/4/2023||Padres||-||Away||Marcus Stroman||Ryan Weathers|
|6/5/2023||Padres||-||Away||Kyle Hendricks||Blake Snell|
|6/6/2023||Angels||-||Away||Justin Steele||Tyler Anderson|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.