Cubs vs. Rays Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 31
Wednesday's contest between the Tampa Bay Rays (39-18) and Chicago Cubs (24-30) matching up at Wrigley Field has a projected final score of 5-3 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of the Rays, so expect a competitive matchup. The game will begin at 2:20 PM ET on May 31.
The Rays will give the nod to Zach Eflin (7-1, 3.17 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Justin Steele (6-2, 2.77 ERA).
Cubs vs. Rays Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Cubs vs. Rays Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Rays 5, Cubs 4.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Rays
- Total Prediction: Under 8.5 runs
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Rays vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Cubs Player Props|
|Rays vs Cubs Pitching Matchup|
|Rays vs Cubs Odds|
|How to Watch Rays vs Cubs|
Cubs Performance Insights
- The Cubs have played as the underdog in four of their past 10 games and have gone 2-2 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Chicago and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total six times.
- The Cubs' ATS record is 2-4-0 over their previous 10 matchups (six of those matchups had spread set by sportsbooks).
- The Cubs have come away with 11 wins in the 25 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a mark of 7-5 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Chicago scores the 18th-most runs in baseball (245 total, 4.5 per game).
- The Cubs have pitched to a 4.17 ERA this season, which ranks 14th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 26||Reds||L 9-0||Justin Steele vs Hunter Greene|
|May 27||Reds||L 8-5||Jameson Taillon vs Brandon Williamson|
|May 28||Reds||L 8-5||Drew Smyly vs Graham Ashcraft|
|May 29||Rays||W 1-0||Marcus Stroman vs Taj Bradley|
|May 30||Rays||W 2-1||Kyle Hendricks vs Shane McClanahan|
|May 31||Rays||-||Justin Steele vs Zach Eflin|
|June 2||@ Padres||-||Jameson Taillon vs Michael Wacha|
|June 3||@ Padres||-||Drew Smyly vs Yu Darvish|
|June 4||@ Padres||-||Marcus Stroman vs Ryan Weathers|
|June 5||@ Padres||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Blake Snell|
|June 6||@ Angels||-||Justin Steele vs Tyler Anderson|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.