Cubs vs. Reds: Odds, spread, over/under - May 28
The Chicago Cubs (22-29) and the Cincinnati Reds (23-29) will square off on Sunday, May 28 at Wrigley Field, with Drew Smyly starting for the Cubs and Graham Ashcraft taking the mound for the Reds. The first pitch will be thrown at 2:20 PM ET.
The Cubs are favored in this one, at -165, while the underdog Reds have +135 odds to play spoiler. Chicago is the run-line favorite (-1.5). The over/under is 7.5 runs for the contest.
Cubs vs. Reds Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (5-1, 2.93 ERA) vs Ashcraft - CIN (2-3, 5.57 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup posted at several sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Reds Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-165||+140||Cubs (-1.5)||8||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-165||+135||Cubs (-1.5)||7.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-169||+140||Cubs (-1.5)||8||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-155||+135||Cubs (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Wanting to bet on the Cubs and Reds game but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick breakdown. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Cubs (-165), for instance -- will win. It's that simple! If the Cubs are victorious, and you bet $10, you'd get $16.06 back.
And that's not all. There are lots of other ways to bet, as well. For example, you can wager on player props (will Dansby Swanson get a hit?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. Visit the BetMGM website and app for additional info on the many ways you can bet on games.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have entered the game as favorites 26 times this season and won 12, or 46.2%, of those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -165 or shorter, the Cubs have a record of 3-4 (42.9%).
- Chicago has a 62.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 2-3 record from the five games they were favored on the moneyline over their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups, Chicago and its opponents combined to hit the over eight times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in 39 games this year and have walked away with the win 16 times (41%) in those games.
- The Reds have a mark of 7-10 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have played as underdogs in 10 of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents are 7-3-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
Cubs vs. Reds Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Dansby Swanson||1.5 (+200)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+550)||0.5 (+170)|
|Nico Hoerner||1.5 (+150)||1.5 (+105)||0.5 (+950)||0.5 (+225)|
|Seiya Suzuki||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+150)||0.5 (+700)||0.5 (+165)|
|Yan Gomes||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (+850)||0.5 (+230)|
|Ian Happ||0.5 (-200)||0.5 (-200)||0.5 (+700)||0.5 (+175)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cubs, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+10000||21st||3rd|
|Win NL Central||+700||-||3rd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.