Cubs vs. Phillies: Odds, spread, over/under - May 20
Alec Bohm and the Philadelphia Phillies (20-24) will take on Nico Hoerner and the Chicago Cubs (20-24) at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, May 20. First pitch is scheduled for 4:05 PM ET.
The favored Phillies have -160 moneyline odds against the underdog Cubs, who are listed at +135. A 9-run over/under is listed in this game.
Cubs vs. Phillies Time and TV Channel
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-PH
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Probable Pitchers: Aaron Nola - PHI (3-3, 4.53 ERA) vs Jameson Taillon - CHC (0-2, 6.29 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Phillies Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Check out the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup posted at different sportsbooks.
|Phillies Moneyline||Cubs Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-155||+135||-||9||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-160||+135||-||9||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-159||+135||-||9||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-170||+145||Phillies (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
If you're looking to bet on the Cubs and Phillies game but want some help getting started, here's a quick rundown. Betting on the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to place bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Cubs (+135) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they end up winning, you'd get $23.50 back in your pocket.
There are many other ways to play, too. You can wager on player props (will Nico Hoerner get a hit?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. For more details on the many different ways you can wager, check out the BetMGM app and website.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Pitching Matchup|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs vs. Phillies Betting Trends and Insights
- The Phillies have won 14, or 51.9%, of the 27 games they've played as favorites this season.
- The Phillies have a 5-4 record (winning 55.6% of their games) when they have played as moneyline favorites of -160 or shorter.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.5% chance of a victory for Philadelphia.
- The Phillies have a 4-5 record across the nine games they were favored on the moneyline in their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups -- all had a set run total -- Philadelphia and its opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- The Cubs have won in nine, or 42.9%, of the 21 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, the Cubs have come away with a win three times in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or longer on the moneyline.
- In eight games as underdogs over the last 10 matchups, the Cubs have a record of 3-5.
- Chicago and its opponents have combined to hit the over nine times in the last 10 games with a total.
Cubs vs. Phillies Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Dansby Swanson||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+220)|
|Nico Hoerner||1.5 (+170)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+900)||0.5 (+310)|
|Patrick Wisdom||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (+400)||0.5 (+230)|
|Ian Happ||0.5 (-182)||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (+550)||0.5 (+200)|
|Yan Gomes||0.5 (-149)||0.5 (-149)||0.5 (+825)||0.5 (+320)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cubs, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+8000||19th||3rd|
|Win NL Central||+700||-||3rd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.