Healthy Bites: Quinoa Patties with Yogurt Dill Sauce
PEORIA (25News Now) - Celebrate National Whole Grains Month with this unique whole grain dish!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup whole grain Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 – 5.3 ounce container non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Combine quinoa, egg whites, breadcrumbs, onion, Parmesan, garlic, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Form quinoa into patties and place in skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix all yogurt dill sauce ingredients. Serve over quinoa patties.
Per 1 quinoa patty with sauce
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 2g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Recipe provided by Ashley Simper, MS, RD, LDN, Manager of Dietetic Services at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.