Healthy Bites: Grilled Gorgonzola Peach Crostini
PEORIA (25News Now) - Impress your guests this summer with this grilled appetizer!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 20 thick peach slices (about 5 peaches)
- 10 medium baguette slices
- 2/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Spray grill pan then turn heat to medium-high until preheated. Place peach slices directly on hot grill surface for 2-4 minutes on each side. Set aside. Place baguette slices directly on hot grill surface for 4-5 minutes on each side. (May use outdoor grill, but assure ingredients don’t fall through grill grates. Cooking times may vary.)
- Place 2 peach slices on baguette. Sprinkle with gorgonzola, drizzle with honey and top with fresh rosemary.
Per 1 crostini
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 8g
Includes 2g Added Sugars
Recipe provided by Ashley Simper, MS, RD, LDN, Manager of Dietetic Services at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.