Healthy Bites: Watermelon Feta Salad
PEORIA (25News Now) - In the heart of the summer, use this refreshing fruit to make a sweet and savory salad!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice and honey.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle juice mixture over salad and toss gently.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 16g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 13g
Includes 3g Added Sugars
Recipe provided by Ashley Simper, MS, RD, LDN, Manager of Dietetic Services at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.