Man arrested for various drug, weapons offenses in Canton
CANTON (25News Now) - Fulton County deputies arrested a man after allegedly recovering a loaded firearm during a traffic stop along with other drug offenses.
Police say Kevin W. Masten was arrested and faces preliminary charges of:
- unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon
- aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, defacing identification marks of a firearm
- possession of a firearm without a FOID
- possession of methamphetamine over 5 grams and under 15 grams
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- driving while license suspended
- possession of adult-use cannabis in a motor vehicle outside approved container
- failure to signal when required
The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office say that around 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, deputies were patrolling the area of South Fifth Street in Canton when they observed a pickup traveling northbound.
Deputies recognized Masten from previous encounters and conducted a traffic stop after observing the vehicle commit a traffic violation.
Deputies allegedly recovered a loaded firearm from Masten and observed that the serial number had been defaced.
The sheriff’s office says after further search of the vehicle, suspected meth, drug paraphernalia and adult-use cannabis was located.
Masten was transported to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office and awaits his first appearance in court.
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.