UnityPoint Health - Methodist, LaSalle Elem. School on list to receive early childhood construction grant
(25 News Now) - UnityPoint Health - Methodist and LaSalle Elementary School District 122 are some of the recipients of an early childhood construction grant.
The grant opportunity was available to nonprofit early childhood providers and public school districts seeking to increase their capacity to provide care or educational opportunities for children in underserved communities. The funding provides support for the construction, expansion, or renovation of their facilities, not to exceed $10 million per project, as announced by the Illinois Capitol Development Board.
The board received 238 applicants from counties across the state. More than 59% of those were based in the Chicagoland area.
The full list is:
- Homewood School District 123, Oak Lawn
- Kankakee School Distirct 111, Kankakee
- Chicago Commons Association, Chicago
- LaSalle Elementary School District 122, LaSalle
- Valley View Public Schools Community District 395, Bolingbrook
- Harlem Community Center, Machesney Park
- Round Lake Area Schools, Round Lake
- UnityPoint Health - Methodist, Peoria
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.