Overheated hoverboard blamed for Monday evening house fire

(KVLY)
Published: Aug. 15, 2022 at 9:59 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

PEORIA (25 News Now) - The Peoria Fire Department said a Monday evening house fire was caused by an overheated hoverboard that had been plugged into a wall outlet in the home.

Heavy smoke was seen coming from the basement when fire crews were called to North Osage Court, near North Trails Edge Drive, about 6:40 p.m.

Four people in the house made it out safely, according to the fire department, and there were no injuries.

Damage to the home is estimated at $40,000.

Copyright 2022 WEEK. All rights reserved.